Reiki is a non-invasive, gentle, yet powerful method of hands on or off healing. Reiki energy, (often described as `universal life energy’ or `spiritual energy’) is known to many ancient cultures and traditions under various names. The Indian call it “prana”, the Chinese “chi” and the Japanese “ki” however they are all referring to the same universal energy that presides everywhere.
Reiki treatment stands on its own as a healing practice and is also safely used to support orthodox and complementary medicine. Reiki doesn’t interfere with or diminish the intended effects of other health or medical practices. It enhances the body’s natural healing ability and promotes wellbeing.
Some of the benefits of Reiki include;
- Creating deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension
- Accelerates the bodie’s self-healing abilities
- Aids better sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Can help with acute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions
- Helps relieve pain
- Adjusts the energy flow (circulation) of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins
- Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy
- Supports the immune system
- Increases vitality and supports the aging process
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
Reiki is one of the more popular complementary modalities used by Australians to manage their health conditions, Reiki is being employed with good effect in some hospitals, cancer support centres, drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres, and in palliative care. Jennifer Ahren’s works at the Oncology-Haematology Unit at Bega Valley Health Services and reports:
“Patients and carer responses noticeably referred to their fear and anxiety during a time of diagnosis of cancer and follow-up treatments. Most patients are grateful that the hospital provides this service, which they report as bringing diverse benefits, particularly on an emotional level and one that is personally supportive as they negotiate a stressful and traumatic period with less fear, anxiety or depression.”
Reiki Level 1 – Who is it for?
Reiki is for anyone that wants to develop their self awareness, create a deeper a connection with themselves and others and empower themselves with a tool that can practice to bring balance to the body and mind. No prior learning is required, just a readiness to learn. Those that complete the level 1 have the opportunity to continue on to complete level 2 which either for personal development or to become a Reiki practitioner.
Dates & Delivery of Course
This course is run over 2 weekend days on 8th and 9th February 9am – 3pm (this can be 10am start depending on numbers). IIf these dates don’t suit your timetable please keep an eye out for future courses as we change the days/times to ensure this is accessible to as many people as possible.
This course is taught by founder of The Zen Prudence Proctor. For more information about Reiki or Prue please visit here. All donations from this course go back to fund our holistic care programs and therapies.